Connect with us

General News

Kaduna Police Arrests Suspected Killers of Woman in Custody, over Alleged Child Theft

Published

on

Nigeria Police Force NPF
Spread the love

By Mustapha Jingil

Kaduna State Police Command has frowned at the unlawful killing of a woman already in safe custody by a mob in Maraban Jos, describing the incident as a disturbing act of lawlessness and a serious threat to public order.

The tragic incident occurred on June 21, 2026, after the woman was accused by residents of stealing a child.

The Police Public Relations Officer, DSP Mandir Hassan, in a statement issued by Command said officers had earlier intervened and taken the woman into protective custody to ensure her safety as investigations started into the matter.

But the situation escalated when a large crowd reportedly converged and overwhelmed officers at the police station.

The statement continued that following this, efforts made by officers to maintain order, hundreds of angry residents stormed the facility and forcibly removed the woman from custody, killed her before setting her body ablaze.

The police identified the victim as a native of Maraban Jos.

The Command condemned the action of the mob as “barbaric, criminal, and a direct assault on the rule of law.”

It stressed that no individual or group has the right to assume the role of judge and executioner, regardless of the weight of the allegation involved.

The statement further revealed that several suspects linked to the attack have already been arrested, while security operatives have launched a manhunt for other participants who are at large.

Police authorities said a full-scale investigation has commenced and assured that everyone found culpable would be prosecuted.

See also  Opinion: It's el Rufai's Time to Reflect on His Evils

The Commissioner of Police, CP Rabiu Muhammad, warned that the Command would not condone acts of jungle justice, mob violence, or attacks on police facilities and personnel.

He urged members of the public to channel complaints and suspicions through lawful means by reporting cases to security agencies and allowing investigations to take their course.

The police reiterated their commitment to safeguarding lives and property across the state and pledged to ensure justice is served in accordance with the law

General News

Recall Products With Misleading Labels, FCCPC Directs Producers

Published

on

By

Spread the love

By Isa Abdul, Abuja

Manufacturers, importers, distributors and retailers across Nigeria have been directed to immediately withdraw consumer goods with incomplete, misleading or deceptive labels from the market.

The directive was contained in a public advisory issued by the commission’s management and shared on its official X account on Tuesday.

Market surveillance and routine inspections revealed,

FCCPC noted, an increasing number of products being sold without essential labelling information required by law.

The commission stated that some products were found with misleading claims, while others lacked production dates, expiry or best-before dates, batch numbers, manufacturer details, ingredient lists, allergen information, country of origin and other mandatory details.

“Market surveillance, routine inspections, and quality assurance activities have revealed products bearing misleading or deceptive information, as well as products without production dates, expiry or best-before dates, batch numbers, manufacturer details, ingredient lists, allergen information, country of origin, and other mandatory labelling information,” the FCCPC said.

The commission noted that it is empowered by the Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Act, 2018, to enforce compliance with product labelling standards in collaboration with regulatory agencies such as NAFDAC and the Standards Organisation of Nigeria.

It warned that deceptive or incomplete product labels violate consumers’ right to accurate information needed to make informed purchasing decisions and could expose them to health, safety and economic risks.

“Accordingly, the Commission directs all manufacturers, importers, distributors, and retailers to immediately review their inventories and withdraw from sale any consumer goods that do not comply with applicable labelling requirements,” the statement added.

See also  Over 200 KASU Lecturers Quit Over Poor Pay, Welfare

The FCCPC further warned that businesses that continue to distribute or sell non-compliant products risk regulatory sanctions.

The commission also advised consumers to carefully inspect product labels before purchase and avoid goods with missing, altered, illegible or misleading information.

It urged members of the public to report suspected cases of non-compliance through its official complaint channels, adding that it would intensify market surveillance and enforcement efforts nationwide to strengthen consumer protection.

Continue Reading

General News

Message of the United Nations Secretary-General on World Humanitarian Day 2026.19 August 2026

Published

on

By

Spread the love

On World Humanitarian Day, we honour the dedicated workers who provide life-saving aid to millions in need.

We also confront an appalling truth:
Serving others has become more dangerous than ever.

More than a thousand humanitarians have been killed in the last three years.

Most were local staff supporting their own communities.

Countless others narrowly survived being shot at, shelled, bombed, kidnapped, or raped.

Schools and hospitals are coming under fire.

And new tools of war – including armed drones – are posing fresh risks.

At the same time, disinformation is eroding trust.

Humanitarian funding is being cut.

And humanitarian access is being restricted.

We see aid convoys blocked.

Aid workers threatened, arrested, and detained.

And people in desperate need left without support.

Attacks on humanitarian workers are illegal.

And the consequences are devastating.

For families struggling to survive.
Children waiting for food.

Patients seeking urgent care.

And so many more.
The world has made commitments.

Now it must act:
To respect the rules of war;
Ensure safe access;
Hold perpetrators accountable;
And provide sufficient resources.

Humanitarian workers stand up for people in need.

We must stand up for them.

We must act for humanity – now.

Speech by

Antonio Guterres: UN Secretary-General

See also  If Elected in 2007: "Who wants peace … I will negotiate with him. Who wants war, we will go to war” says Peter Obi
Continue Reading

General News

EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO from Mamemo Ibru in Lagos

Published

on

By

Spread the love

By Seyi Balogun, Lagos

Following investigation into an alleged case of stealing and criminal conversion, the Lagos Zonal Directorate 1 of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Monday, August 17, 2026 recovered 2.3 million litres of Automotive Gas Oil, AGO, valued at N4.485 billion from Mamemo Ibru of Ibafon Oil and Gas.

The recovery followed a petition submitted by Prudent Energy and Services Limited, alleging that petroleum products entrusted to Ibafon Oil and Gas for storage had been unlawfully converted, resulting in a significant shortfall in the company’s stock.

The petitioner also alleged that periodic withdrawals were made from the stored products until the outstanding balance stood at 2,574,031 litres.

However, during a subsequent physical measurement and reconciliation exercise, only 206,761 litres remained in the storage tanks, leaving a deficit of 2,367,270 litres.

Investigation revealed that Ibafon Oil and Gas is involved in the purchase and sale of Automotive Gas Oil (AGO) and also stores its petroleum products at the same depot alongside products belonging to its customers.

It was further revealed that Ibru allegedly used his position as the owner of Ibafon Oil and Gas to truck out petroleum products in excess of the quantity owned by the company, thereby converting the petitioner’s products for his own use.

Following the Commission’s intervention, the suspect handed over the recovered products to the petitioner, Prudent Energy and Services Limited.

See also  Bandits Demand N1Bn and 35 Motorcycles For Release of 37 Worshippers Abducted in Kaduna
Continue Reading

Recent

Business and Economy5 hours ago

FCCPC Probes Why Nigerians Pay More for Cement than African Neighbours

Spread the love–Possible price manipulation–Search for alternative to cement on By Nick Ibe The Federal Competition and Consumer Protection Commission...

NELFUND NELFUND
Education5 hours ago

More Funds for NELFUND As Tinubu Redirects EFCC-recovered Funds, Unclaimed Dividends to Loan Body

Spread the loveBy isa Abdul, Abuja President Bola Tinubu has taken hold steps to make the Nigerian Education Loan Fund,...

Business and Economy5 hours ago

July FAAC: FG, States, Councils Share N3tn

Spread the loveBy Nick Ibe The FAAC allocation has handed to the Federal Government, 36 states and 774 local government...

General News6 hours ago

Recall Products With Misleading Labels, FCCPC Directs Producers

Spread the loveBy Isa Abdul, Abuja Manufacturers, importers, distributors and retailers across Nigeria have been directed to immediately withdraw consumer...

General News22 hours ago

Message of the United Nations Secretary-General on World Humanitarian Day 2026.19 August 2026

Spread the loveOn World Humanitarian Day, we honour the dedicated workers who provide life-saving aid to millions in need. We...

General News22 hours ago

EFCC Recovers N4.4bn Worth of AGO from Mamemo Ibru in Lagos

Spread the loveBy Seyi Balogun, Lagos Following investigation into an alleged case of stealing and criminal conversion, the Lagos Zonal...

Tor Tiv, His Royal Majesty, Prof Ayatse (middle, celebrant, Dr Kyaagba (right) and younger brother, Arc Joe kyaagba (left) Tor Tiv, His Royal Majesty, Prof Ayatse (middle, celebrant, Dr Kyaagba (right) and younger brother, Arc Joe kyaagba (left)
General News22 hours ago

Opportunity For One, Opportunity For All: The New Agenda For Tiv

Spread the loveBy Iwar Aondona Simon There is need for an urgent conversation among Tiv leaders, influential sons and daughters...

Science & Technologies22 hours ago

Young Nigerian Drone Makers Richer $52 Million: Plan Ghana Factory Africa’s Largest

Spread the loveBy Son Tertsegha, Abuja Nigerian defence-technology startup Terra Industries has raised another $18 million, taking its seed funding...

General News23 hours ago

NDLEA Busts Cartel , Seizes N39b Cocaine, Arrests Social Media Influencer, KC Luxury

Spread the loveBy Isa Abdul, Abuja THE National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has announced the arrest of a drug...

General News23 hours ago

Tinubu, Obi, Adebayo, Sowore: Sign Peace Pact to Shun Violence Ahead Of 2027 POLL

Spread the loveBy Felix Umande Political parties and presidential and National Assembly candidates on Tuesday signed the first National Peace...