Connect with us

General News

Why we dismissed 115 personnel – DSS

Published

on

Department of State Services (DSS)
Spread the love

The Department of State Services (DSS) has said it has laid off a total of 115 personnel, in reform measures aimed at safeguarding its integrity and core values.

In a post on its verified X handle, Tuesday, August 4th, 2025 the Service said: “As part of the ongoing reforms in the Department of State Services (DSS), the public is hereby informed that a total of 115 personnel have been dismissed over a period.

“In addition to earlier disclaimers on the duo of Barry Donald and Victor Onyedikachi Godwin, the Service finds it necessary to warn citizens of the fraudulent activities of some of these persons still posing as DSS personnel.

“Members of the public are therefore advised to desist from any official dealing with these individuals who have been dismissed by the Service.

“For clarity, the identities of the affected persons have been published on the website of the Service (dss.gov.ng/media/more/4).

“For requests, enquiries or complaints, the Service can be reached on 09088373515, or via email: dsspr@dss.gov.ng”.

A source that pleaded anonymity said that the urgent need to “protect the public”, necessitated the post.

“The dismissal happened over a period of time; it did not just happen.

“We put the information on our website, to protect the general public from transacting with them, where they purport to represent the Service”, the informed source said.

See also  Fire Guts 4 Block of Flats in Abuja.

General News

FCTA Signs Agreements For Development of Jabi Lake

Published

on

By

Spread the love

By Wumi Tewogbade, Abuja

The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has signed Development Agreements with Suburban Broadband Limited and Akida Hills Limited for the development of a recreational hub in the heart of Abuja.

Speaking at the signing ceremony, the FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike described Abuja as a fast-developing city, and a perfect location for recreation, but lamented that the pace of development had been slowed down by land speculators who held on to land without developing them.

The Minister, who stressed that, it was no longer business as usual for those “hoarding and speculating government land”, warned that “for those that have applied for land for development, they must have to develop the land within the next six months, and we will revoke it if it is not done. “

Speaking at the brief ceremony in the FCT Minister’s conference room, the representative of Suburban Broadband Limited, Mr. Pankaj Khandelwal, said the Development Agreement marked an important landmark for their organization, and that the project was a significant investment which will bring about socioeconomic growth and create jobs in the FCT.

On his part, the representative of Akida Hills Limited, Mr Bamisile Olukayode, appreciated the courage of the FCT Minister in carrying out major developmental tasks in the FCT.

He described the task of developing the Jabi Lake as “exciting” and promised that the project will be comparable to Times Square in New York and the Dubai Fountain Water Show and would turn Abuja to a destination city.

He assured that the development will place Abuja among world class cities all over the globe, adding that the project will be completed before the end of the year.

See also  ₦26bn Audit Query: House Move To Arrest PAP Coordinator

Continue Reading

General News

Fubara Dissolves State Executive Council after meeting Tinubu

Published

on

By

Spread the love

By Saint Mugaga

Governor of Rivers State, Sir Siminalayi Fubara, has dissolved the State Executive Council, a move preparatory to constituting a more inclusive cabinet and calm frayed nerves.

The dissolution came on Thursday after the governor held a meeting with members of the outgoing cabinet at the Government House Port Harcourt.

Fubara has also directed all the Commissioners and Special Advisers to hand over to the Permanent Secretaries or the most Senior officers in their Ministries with immediate effect.

In a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Onwuka Nzeshi, the governor expressed deep appreciation to the outgoing members of the State Executive Council and wished them the best in their future endeavours.

See also  President TinubuU Congratulates DSS DG Oluwatosin Ajayi on IPI Press Ffreedom Award
Continue Reading

General News

All 183 abducted Kurmin Wali worshippers rescued – Kaduna Govt

Published

on

By

Spread the love

By Our Reporter

After initial denials and foot dragging over the abduction of Christian worshippers, the Kaduna State government assured having lived lived up to its responsibility, as the Governor, Uba Sani, confirmed the safe rescue of all 183 worshippers abducted from Kurmin Wali community in Kajuru Local Government Area of the state.

While speaking about the development in Government House after receiving the rescued Worshippers, the governor said 11 of the victims had earlier been released and taken to hospital for examinations and certified medically fit before reuniting them with their families.

The other 83 victims were returned a few days later, while the remaining 89 were rescued on Wednesday, bringing the total number of freed abductees to 183.
“Altogether, the figure is 183, and we would not be sitting here if even one person was still missing,” Uba Sani said.

He noted that the incident came as a shock, especially given the efforts of his administration over the past two and a half years to work closely with security agencies in protecting lives and property across the state.

He said immediately the abduction was confirmed, the state government mobilised all security agencies and relevant stakeholders to ensure their safe rescue.

The governor appreciated President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, saying the President showed concern and leadership by maintaining constant contact with him from the first day of the incident.

He also commended the National Security Adviser, Mallam Nuhu Ribadu, for working closely with the state government to secure the release of the abducted women and children.

See also  ₦26bn Audit Query: House Move To Arrest PAP Coordinator

The governor also praised the Department of State Services (DSS), the Nigerian Army, the Nigeria Police Force, as well as the Chief of Army Staff, the Chief of Air Staff and the Inspector-General of Police for their collaboration during the rescue operation.

The Kaduna State Government deliberately avoided politicising the incident or engaging in public arguments over figures, added, stressing the priority was to ensure that every abducted person returned safely.
“For us, even one abducted person is unacceptable,” adding that the state does not take security issues lightly.

To forestall future occursnces, e revealed that he had requested the establishment of a military base along the Kajuru–Kachia axis, particularly around the Regina area, identified as a long-standing security flashpoint on the Kaduna–Abuja corridor.

He said President Tinubu had assured him that the request would be granted to strengthen security in the area.

The governor explained that rather than relocating the predominantly farming community of Kurmin Wali, the government had chosen to protect residents in their ancestral homes to sustain their livelihoods and boost the local economy.

According to him, construction has commenced on the road linking Kurmin Wali to the main road, while a hospital and a skills acquisition centre are also being built for the community.

He disclosed that the rescued victims would not be returned home immediately, as they would first undergo comprehensive medical examinations and psychosocial support in Kaduna.

He appealed to citizens to be fair to security agencies, urging Nigerians to support personnel who risk their lives daily, while assuring that his administration would continue to work tirelessly to protect lives and property across Kaduna State.

Continue Reading

Recent

General News11 hours ago

FCTA Signs Agreements For Development of Jabi Lake

Spread the loveBy Wumi Tewogbade, Abuja The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has signed Development Agreements with Suburban Broadband Limited...

Metro11 hours ago

Mahmoud Calls For Moral Leadership, Strong Institutions At FCT Staff Book Launch

Spread the loveBy Wumi Tewogbade, Abuja The Federal Capital Territory Minister of State, Dr Mariya Mahmoud, has emphasized that a...

FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike FCT Minister, Nyesom Wike
Politics11 hours ago

FCT Council Election: I ‘ll support only those supporting President Tinubu – Wike

Spread the loveBy Wumi Tewogbade, Abuja Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Nyesom Wike, has said he will only...

Interview11 hours ago

INTERVIEW: Democracy cannot be built on conditional transparency

Spread the loveFGN cannot continue to remain a distant observer to the continuing marginalisation of the Tiv people and other...

Interview1 day ago

MACBAN denies links to criminality, expresses shock over proposed US sanctions

Spread the loveThe Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria has expressed surprise over the proposed sanctions against the association...

Opinion1 day ago

Must Nigerians Be Made to Suffee For Everything?

Spread the loveProf P. I. Ukase Once again, our children aspiring to gain admission into universities for the 2026/2027 academic...

Opinion1 day ago

Why Kwankwaso was singled out in proposed US Religious Freedom Bill. –Farooq Kperogi

Spread the loveA proposed United States legislation seeking to sanction alleged violators of religious freedom in Nigeria has triggered debate...

Opinion2 days ago

Why We Must Welcome Governor Fintiri to APC…Hon. Namdas

Spread the loveBy Saint Mugaga, Abuja Former chairman of the House of Representatives Committee on Army and representative of the...

General News3 days ago

Fubara Dissolves State Executive Council after meeting Tinubu

Spread the loveBy Saint Mugaga Governor of Rivers State, Sir Siminalayi Fubara, has dissolved the State Executive Council, a move...

Politics3 days ago

Atiku urges Nigerians to kick out APC beginning with FCT elections

Spread the loveBy Saint Mugaga Former Vice President Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has called on Nigerians to begin the process of...